March 24, 2017
OMGreens! Delicious Detox Juice Recipe
Spring is right around the corner, and you know what that means… spring cleaning! Inside and out. One killer way to kick-start the necessary bodily detox process is this delicious green juice recipe. Finally, a delicious way to incorporate great greens without that this-tastes-like-straight-up-horse-food feeling!
- 1 bunch of organic spinach or baby spinach (for iron, vitamin A, etc.)
- 1 bunch of organic dandelion greens (excellent detox-booster)
- 1 peeled organic kiwi (good source of potassium & vitamin C)
- 1 Large organic apple (Fuji, Gala & Jazz are great fiber-filled options)
- 1 Large organic cucumber (softens the flavor of the greens nicely)
- 6oz organic coconut water (potassium, electrolytes, & much-needed flavor)
• Juicer (I adore my Breville JE98XL, which has a huge 3″ opening at the top so I can pop in whole apples and other large fruits without having to do any slicing or dicing)
• 2 x 16oz juice containers (recycled containers from store-bought juices are excellent if you ever pick any up on the go)
• Plastic produce bag (recycle one from any of the veggies you buy)
1. Line the receptacle of your juicer with the empty plastic produce bag, this will save you a ton of clean-up time.
2. Juice all of the above ingredients, except for the coconut water
3. Add coconut water to final juice mixture at end and shake it up
Recipe should yield about 25oz of delicious green detox juice (depending on the size of your bunches & fruits). Store what you don’t inhale right away and keep it for up to a week or so in the fridge.