March 24, 2017
Gingerly Roots: Bodacious Beet Juice Recipe
This time of year, it can be a challenge to get excited about juicing when all the freshest and in-season produce reminds us of hearty, carb-filled side dishes. This simple (but awesome) juice recipe is packed with a ton of health benefits and will be the perky pick-me-up you need to make it through the rest of the holiday hullabaloo.
- 1lb of organic beets (antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, & detoxification)
- 1lb organic carrots (Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Biotin, & more)
- 1 small piece of organic ginger root, about 2″ x 2″ is potent, or adjust to better suit your taste buds (antioxidant, anti-inflammatory agent, gastrointestinal relief, immune-booster, & more)
• Juicer (I adore my Breville JE98XL, which has a huge 3″ opening at the top so I can pop in whole apples and other large fruits without having to do any slicing or dicing)
• 2 x 16oz juice containers (recycled containers from store-bought juices are excellent if you ever pick any up on the go)
• Plastic produce bag (recycle one from any of the veggies you buy)
1. Line the receptacle of your juicer with the empty plastic produce bag, this will save you a ton of clean-up time.
2. Juice all of the above ingredients, and that’s it!
Recipe should yield about 25oz of phenomenal root juice (depending on the size of your veggies). Store what you don’t inhale right away and keep it for up to a week or so in the fridge.